What is Drupal ?
Drupal is one of the best and most popular ways to build a website. It is flexible, scalable and is continuously improved by thousands of people around the world.Drupal powers some of the largest sites on the web and is being widely adopted by organizations from small businesses to the White House and leading U.S. government agencies and companies such as eBay, Sony and the New York Stock Exchange.
Full Day Drupal Basics Workshop - San Francisco
Dates available : Oct. 19-26,2014, Nov. 10-18,2014
Workshop Fee: $ 200 for the 5 hour crash course. Payable by Paypal before the class.
Meeting Locations : Jebena Cafe, Nob Hill
Build a working Drupal website in one day. You must have a domain and hosting plan paid for before the class.
Part 1: Introduction to Drupal: What? Who? When? Why?
Part 2: Installing Drupal
Part 3: Navigating the Drupal interface
Part 4: Understanding Drupal content
Part 5: Managing Drupal content using content types
Part 6: Adding data fields to Drupal content
Part 7: Choosing and configuring modules
Part 8: Choosing and configuring themes
Part 9: Configuring and working with Drupal user permissions
Part 10: Building a full Drupal site so that students can practice everything they learned during the class
Drupal is a versatile and powerful content management system. We explore its capability in our Drupal 7 Site Building workshop.
We teach strategies for building sites without custom code, using Drupal core and contributed modules.
We highlight the best modules for common tasks, introduce content types, users, permissions, paths, blocks, menus, themes,
subthemes, text formats, views, and much more. Workshop participants are introduced to these topics through hands-on exercises.
By the end of this course you will see how you can:
• Build complex and powerful functionality.
• Articulate best practices of site building with Drupal.
• Configure both controlled vocabularies and free tagging with Taxonomy.
• Manage navigation through Drupal’s menu system.
• Configure your site to improve search, through the use of URL path configuration.
• Be able to configure automatically generated thumbnails.
• Know how to create advanced listings of content.
• Save yourself time and effort by collaborating.
• Maintain a secure and speedy website.